Would you like to control your weight through the healthiest approach?
Guardian Angel (GA) is here to guide you step by step, day by day, minute by minute on how to make the easiest, healthiest dietary choices guiding you to follow the Mediterranean Diet, providing you with alternative food choices to achieve your weight goal and prompting you to eat the right food at the right times.
GA guides you in achieving your dietary goals by understanding and coaching you in six aspects: physical activity, nutritional care, social, psychological, cognitive and clinical care.
GA provides a user-friendly environment where following a healthy diet is the easiest choice without compromising your needs and preferences.
- Philippou E, Middleton N, Pistos C, Andreou E and Petrou M. (2017) The impact of a nutrition workshop on adherence to Mediterranean diet and nutrition knowledge among adolescent competitive swimmers. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport 20(4):328-332
- Petersson S, Philippou E. Mediterranean Diet and cognitive function: a systematic review of the evidence. (2016) Advances in Nutrition 15;7(5):889-904
- Rajilić-Stojanović M, Jonkers DM, Spiller RC, Raes J, Hanevik K, Salonen A, Jalanka-Tuovinen J, Manichanh C, Golic N, Enck P, Philippou E, Iraqi FA, Clarke G and Penders J (2015) Intestinal microbiota and diet in IBS: causes, consequences or epiphenomena. American Journal of Gastroenterology,110 (2):278-28.
- Philippou E, Constantinou M (2014) The influence of glycaemic index on cognitive functioning: a systematic review of the evidence. Advances in Nutrition, 5 (2):119-30.
- Tornaritis MJ, Philippou E, Hadjigeorgiou C, Kourides YA, Panayi A and Savva SC (2014) A study of the dietary intake of Cypriot children and adolescents aged 6-18 years and the association of mother’s educational status and children’s weight status on adherence to nutritional recommendations, BMC Public Health, 14(1):13.
- Norouzy A, Salehi M, Philippou E, Arabi H, Shiva F, Mehrnoosh S, Mohajeri SMR, Mohajeri SAR, Sabery M, Nematy M (2013). Effect of Ramadan fasting on body composition and nutritional intake in adults: a prospective study. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 26 (Suppl 1):97-104.
- Norouzy A, Mohajeri SMR, Shakeri S, Yari F, Sabery M, Philippou E, Nematy M (2012) Effect of Ramadan fasting on glycaemic control in patients with Type 2 diabetes. Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, 35(8):766-71.
- Philippou E, Bovill-Taylor C, Rajkumar C, Vampa ML, Ntatsaki E, Brynes AE, Hickson M & Frost GS. (2009) The effect of a 6-month dietary glycaemic index manipulation in addition to healthy eating advice and weight loss on arterial compliance and 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure in men: a pilot study. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental, 58(12):1703-1708.
- Philippou E, Neary NM, Chaudhri O, Brynes A, Dornhorst A, Leeds AR, Hickson M & Frost GS. (2009) The effect of dietary glycaemic index on weight maintenance in overweight subjects: a pilot study. Obesity, 17 (2):396-401.
- Philippou E, McGowan BMC, Brynes AE, Dornhorst A, Leeds AR, Frost GS (2008) The effect of a 12 week low glycaemic index diet on heart disease risk factors and 24-hour glycaemic response in healthy middle-aged volunteers at risk of heart disease: a pilot study. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 62 (1): 145-149.
- Jesudason DR, Monteiro MP, McGowan BMC, Neary NM, Park AJ, Philippou E, Small CJ, Frost GS, Ghatei MA & Bloom SR (2007) Low-dose pancreatic polypeptide inhibits food intake in man. British Journal of Nutrition, 97 (3): 426-429.
- Frost G, Brynes AE, Ellis S, Milton JE, Nematy M & Philippou E (2006). Nutritional influences on gut hormone release. Current Opinion in Endocrinology and Diabetes, 13 (1): 42-48
Philippou E (2017) The Glycemic Index: Applications in Practice. New York: CRC Press. ISBN: 9781498703666. Press here to buy it.
- Philippou E, Al Dhaheri AS Chapter 1 (2017) Introduction to the Glycemic index (GI) in Philippou E (editor) (2017) The Glycemic Index: Applications in Practice . New York: CRC Press
- Philippou E, Constantinou M (2017) Chapter 8: Dietary GI manipulation to improve cognitive functioning: is it possible? in Philippou E (editor) (2017) The Glycemic Index: Applications in Practice. New York: CRC Press
- Philippou E, Tornaritis M, Hadjigeorgiou C, Kourides Y, Panayi A, Savva SC (2013) The dietary intake of Cypriot children and adolescents aged 6-18 years and their adherence to dietary recommendations (in Greek) In: Cyprus Institute of Education Health Education: Research data results of Cypriot children and adolescents Nicosia: Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Lazarou C, Philippou E (2012) C-reactive protein levels and diet quality in children. In: Preedy VR, Le L, Patel V. Diet quality: an evidence-based approach. London: Springer
- Avraam Th, Andreou E, Kalli P, Kuriakou K, Constantinou E, Michaelidou P, Philippou E et al (2011) “Nutrition and Cancer: A advisory guide” (in Greek). CyDNA and Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre. ISBN 978-9963-9370-1-1